Thursday, January 26, 2006

Diversions For a Thursday Afternoon

OK, I admit that I watch American Idol.... sorta. (Simon has been particularly cruel this year, and both Paula and Randy have been acting kinda strangely too. So, I tape the show and then fast-forward through the commercials and the nonsense.)

That said.... one of the early favorites is Sherman Oaks (my hometown) resident Katharine McPhee (audition song "God Bless the Child"). "Goin' to Hollywood" for her means just ambling down the 101 a piece.

* * * * * * * * *

The Best Way To Travel
(Moody Blues/Michael Pinder)

And you can fly, high as a kite if you want to.
Faster than light if you want to.
Speeding through the universe,
Thinking is the best way to travel.

It's all a dream, light passing by on a screen.
And there's you and I on a beam.
Speeding through the universe,
Thinking is the best way to travel.

Listen to song (MP3)

No comments: