Friday, February 03, 2006

Worse Than We Thought

We've all heard and read stories about how military recruitment is down and how recruitment officers are lying to our young men and women so that the government has more rifle and bomb fodder for Iraq (and probably Iran). Well, my friends, it's worse (or better) than we thought:

What's that? Can't quite read the flier? Here, try this:



Yep, that is a printed flier. On the window of a donut shop in Santa Monica, not far from a satellite campus of Santa Monica College. I happened to walk by the shop last night and stared for a few minutes, because I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I also noticed the flier on a few other store windows in the strip mall. Next thing you know, the military will be stapling fliers with little tear-off phone numbers on telephone poles, something usally reserved for suspect calls for movie extras.

Yeesh.

No comments: