Tuesday, November 22, 2005

GM to Cut 30,000 jobs, close plants

News report on GM announcement

I bought my Acura Integra new for $13,600 in January, 1991. It now has 231,419 miles.... the distance to the moon. Original engine (no problems), original transmission (no problems), 1 or perhaps 2 clutch changes, leaks a little oil and power steering fluid, the A/C needs a charge, the suspension can be noisy when it's cold, and the car needs a paint job, but no rusting. The 4-cylinder engine is still plenty fast. And I drive the car pretty hard.... and can still do so. Every few months somebody leaves a note on the car asking me whether I'd like to sell it.

Do you think I'll buy a Pontiac next time around?


Memory lane: The GM Van Nuys, CA assembly
plant closed in 1992. A big box shopping center named
"The Plant" now occupies the location.

No comments: