Tuesday, August 28, 2007

New Fly to Drop - Conny McCormack

First Rove, then Gonzales, now Conny McCormack - Registrar of Voters for Los Angeles County, the most populous county in the United States - has announced that she is retiring, effective the end of 2007.

Wow.

Long time readers of this humble blog remember that we here at SoCal Grassroots aren't exactly fans of L.A. County's RoV. We've written about her insistence that we just not worry our pretty little heads about proprietary software and that she just doesn't concern herself about the "statistical abnormalities" of Ohio's voting during the 2004 presidential election. I've seen her speak several times and she has always struck me as someone who is more concerned about making her job easier and getting her buddies at Diebold nice fat contracts than the accuracy of the vote.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, however. It seems that - much like Rove and Gonzales - she's planning on entering the private sector, concentrating on "shifting [her] energies and experience to election administration research and consulting both within the U.S. and worldwide."

I feel very sorry for those whom choose to hire her as a consultant.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy I just read this because I didn't know Connie was retiring, AND I AM THRILLED.

I tivo and watch the BOS meetings and even a person who knows not much about this can see that she is absolutely a "company (Diebold) man (woman).

p.s. I watch the County Board of Supervisors because, in my opinion, they are in the midst of destroying our wonderful Marina del Rey. This marina was mandated for boating and recreation for the people and is being systematically concreted over and walled in for the use of the few and the exclusion of the majority of the people. I hope someday very soon (it is urgent, as the destruction is in progress) you will turn your attention to this subject. Thank you.